Thursday 24 July 2014

This Week In Music: 24/07/14


So it is Sunday evening and I'm laying in a hammock in the middle of the woods drafting this.. And now it's Wednesday night and I'm in front of a campfire, drinking tea, editing this...


  • Before You Exit - Heart Like CaliforniaYou know those songs you shouldn't like but they hit at just the right time and you can't stop listening to them?
  • Real Friends - Maybe This Place Is The Same And We're Just ChangingSimilar sequence of songs to Suburbia etc. by The Wonder Years. I like it. My "summer music" consists of really shallow pop songs and really angsty punkish ones so..... hey. They do really nice lyrics and I appreciate that, too.
    Must hear: Summer, I Don't Love You Anymore, I Think I'm Moving Forward
  • Alvvays - Next Of KiniTunes free single of the week
  • 5 Seconds of Summer - 5 Seconds of SummerI really don't have the time or patience to express my opinions while I write this on my iPhone so I'll post a full thing next Tuesday. It's good.
    Must hear: Long Way Home, Lost Boy, End Up Here
  • Lights - Up We Go The official audio was released on YouTube a couple days ago and the feedback on the track has been incredibly positive. New album to follow on September 23rd!


Also, if you didn't already hear, there's going to be a new Blink-182 album coming out! So everyone get excited.