Thursday 17 July 2014

This Week In Music: 17/07/14

I'll be honest, I spent more time listening to Sum 41 and Good Charlotte than anything on this list, but we'll go ahead with it
  • Bleachers - Strange Desire
    I feel like everyone has been anticipating this release forever and I'm just as stoked to hear it. Also, the song 'Shadow' is free this week!! I love that there is a beginning, middle, and end; outlined by the echoing voices repeating the same phrases. It's not too far off from Fun. that fans won't like it, but it's unique and stands alone.
    Must hear: I Wanna Get Better, Wild Heart, Wake Me
  • Aaron West & The Roaring Twenties - We Don't Have Each Other
    Sometimes I think that the name of this project makes sense for 2 reasons: the marching band type of sound vibes like the twenties, and the fact that Dan is in his twenties. A lot of songs about parents and being sad and home and faith etc. as you expect from this angsty genre. I dig it.
    Must hear: Divorce And The American South, Runnin' Scared, Carolina Coast
  • Jason Mraz - Yes!
    this is some type of chill music that I don't grow attached to but might leave on as I clean my room. Will my music explanations ever make sense? Would that ruin this whole thing? I mean, if you're in the market for some laying-in-the-shade-reading-a-light-hearted-book tunes, go for it. I just don't have a strong opinion about this album.
    Must hear: 3 Things, Long Drive
  • Pennywise - Yesterdays
    This sounds like gritty, early 2000s punk-rock like Green Day or something. So much that it's like I've heard these before and I can half sing along in the car when it comes on our alternative radio station. Hope that was helpful!
I must also say that Walking Disaster is probably my favourite Sum 41 song (ever), Watsky released a new music video, Josh Record's album is out, and I will not be around next week.