Thursday 3 July 2014

This Week In Music: 03/07/14

Hello and welcome to our first July meeting, let's all take a seat.


  • Action Item - Great Mission: LIFE
    If I remember correctly, this is the first instalment in the Great Mission endeavour and it will become a full length album. These first 4 songs are a crescendo of emotions and sounds with a bit of that charm I expect from these boys. My favourite is Footprints.
  • Coldplay - A Sky Full Of Stars EP
    Well wasn't this a welcome surprise, a continuation of the vibe in Ghost Stories but with 2 new songs, a radio edit of A Sky Full Of stars and a reprise for O.
  • George Ezra - Wanted On Voyage
    I'll start by stating that the genre for this is apparently "indie pop/blues" and I think that's amazing. And damn, isn't Budapest still as good as when I first heard/mentioned it back in May. You'll like it, probably.
    Must hear: Budapest, Leaving It Up To You, Song 6
  • The Seasons - Kitsch Trick
    iTunes single of the week is something like San Cisco with that similar summery sound. I could see myself absent-mindedly singing this to myself at work..
and now I'm headed to Toronto to kick off some Warped festivities! See y'all when I see y'all!