Thursday 26 June 2014

This Week In Music: 26/06/14

I'm becoming a professional at scheduling posts so hi from Wednesday night - but this will go up while I'm sitting on a gold course somewhere...


  • Ed Sheeran - X
    Reviewed here. I am in love, it's my favourite release of the week and it's astounding sales the first few days are everything I expected.
    Must hear: Thinking Out Loud, Take It Back, Even My Dad Does Sometimes
  • The Never Ending - One EP
    If you're around my age you may know Debby Ryan from the Disney channel, and this is her band's first EP. Her voice is very smooth and the songs sounds like something Nick Santino would sing (he did help make the EP) mixed with the voice/attitude/sound of Katelyn Tarver. I like it.
  • PHOX - Slow Motion
    iTunes single of the week is a very interesting, almost soul/jazz type of number with a swingy female voice. 
  • Action Item - We'll Be Fine
    I\ll reluctantly admit that I don't love this band as much as I used to, but I still keep up with new releases, just in case that spark comes back. Although this one doesn't do it for me, I'm mentioning it (and I'm catching them supporting the MKTO tour in August).
  • 5 Seconds of Summer - Voodoo Doll [One Mic, One Take]
    This is a very cool acoustic thing they did for VEVO, and I couldn't possibly post a list without something of theirs included. Also, if you preordered the album (please do) you can now download Everything I Didn't Say or Amnesia!!
If you preordered the Bleachers album, you should check for that new song that will have popped up in your iTunes this week! Other than that, I'm off until next week which should be a goo'un for the blog as the 5 Seconds of Summer will finally be released, and I'm going to Warped tour!!