Tuesday 24 June 2014

Ed Sheeran - X | Album Review

For once I just listened to the album a few times through before writing anything down. I don't know if this is good or bad.


  1. One
  2. I'm A Mess
  3. Sing
  4. Don't
  5. Nina
  6. Photograph
  7. Bloodstream
  8. Tenerife Sea
  9. Runaway
  10. The Man
  11. Thinking Out Loud
  12. Afire Love
  13. Take It Back
  14. Shirtsleeves
  15. Even My Dad Does Sometimes
  16. I See Fire
So I've decided to map this all out by colour - light blue is the slow and simple ones, darker blue is a mid-tempo, green is the more rhythmic and upbeat songs and yellow is the more spit-fast ones, lyrically. As you can see, the album has a good flow, you never get too much of one mood and it shows how diverse Ed's music can be. We get songs like One and Tenerife Sea and Thinking Out loud to satisfy the ones who come for the love songs, we get Take It Back for fans of You Need Me and the like, and everything in between. I'm rather pleased with the entire album and honestly, the 3 years since + went by like nothing. There are streams of many of these songs on Ed's YouTube and various music websites if you wanna take a listen before buying, but you should probably buy it.