Thursday 5 June 2014

This Week In Music: 05/06/14

It's always nice when all/most of the new music I download sounds like it belongs on the same playlist. This week it was like that. Everything is very good as background music/laying in bed music/reading music/being moody music.


  • This Wild Life - Clouded
    A band I looked into because I know they'll be on Warped. They're playing the acoustic basement stage and that's all I'll say about the genre. Cool band from California that sounds kinda like Nick Santino mixed with Go Radio.
    Must hear: 405, Better With You, No More Bad Days
  • Seahaven - Reverie Lagoon: Music For Escapism Only
    If the title doesn't give it away, this album is really calming and mellow.
    Must hear: On The Floor, Highway Blues, Love To Burn
  • LP - Someday
    iTunes free single of the week. Singer/songwriter you may like if you enjoy Florence + The Machine.
  • Birdy - Fire Within
    A little more production than previous releases, I think. A bit more Ingrid Michaelson/Sara Bareilles but still sounds like Birdy. That makes no sense.
    Must hear: Light Me Up, Words As Weapons, All About You
  • Tiger's Jaw - Charmer
    This band used to scare me off - in my head they were a scary punk band? They're not. They're indie rock and right up my alley. 
Lucy Hale also released an album and though I've listened to it, I'm not really liking any of the songs.
And our bonus video of the week is this one.