Thursday 29 May 2014

This Week In Music: 29/05/14

Let's get on with it, yeah?


  • Tayler Buono - Lucky In Love
    She hasn't released anything in a hot minute so I've missed her voice! It sounds like a toned-down version of Ariana Grande, and she's adorable; lyrics and everything.
  • Nick Santino - Big Skies
    I feel like I've been hyping this up for ages (maybe just in my head) but of course I have not been let down. And it was produced by Pat Kirch from The Maine? Yeah. Yeah. Perfect chilled out album with recurring themes of home and staying true to yourself (and some sappy love songs, standard). And that tiny nod (intentionally or just in my imagination) to the classic Baby Blue Eyes thrown into Mood Ring Eyes. I'm fine, really.
    Must hear: Long Way Home, Can't Say I Miss You, Mood Ring Eyes
  • The Ready Set - The Bad & the Better
    And now I'm truly looking forward to (hopefully) watching his set at Warped. It's a collection of things from the past while, so there's a few older bits that I'm rediscovering as well as new stuff I'm loving.
    Must hear: Are We Happy Now?, Give Me Your Hand (Best Song Ever), For The Better
  • Cher Lloyd - Sorry I'm Late
    I love the album title concept (see: 3 years since last album & general life problem), and I might just be bumpin' this during the summer months. There's a good variation of themes/tempos/moods so I'm sure there's something for everyone.
    Must hear: I Wish, Just Be Mine, Sirens, Dirty Love
  • Reuben And The Dark - Devil's Time
    iTunes free single. Cool.
  • Passenger - Rolling Stone (Live At The Sydney Opera House)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUof4IBlR2w
  • Aaron West And The Roaring Twenties - You Ain't No Saint
    Dan Campbell (The Wonder Years)' new project. It doesn't sound too far off from the old TWY stuff that we all love, but it's a bit tamer, a bit of an instrumental/production change. I really like this song.
  • Megan And Liz - New At This
    Megan & Liz bring back their country vibe!! Hey! The EP is out on the 3rd of June and this song sounds a bit grown up. They are 21 now, so they may as well sing about it - although I suppose in Canada we could all be singing this tune at 19. 
That's a lot of things I'm giving you, so I hope you took it all in. See you next week!