Thursday 22 May 2014

This Week In Music: 22/05/14

A few cool tunes, yeah

  • Ed Sheeran - One
    The "instant gratification" when you preorder X on iTunes. It's beautiful. Duh.
  • The Fault In Our Stars Movie Soundtrack
    This is a bunch of sad and wistful and beautiful songs that are lovely as background music for whatever you're doing (reading the book quickly before the movie comes out, maybe). Or you could take a turn paying attention to all the lyrics and how they really do relate to specific events and/or themes in the book/movie. I don't usually get excited for soundtracks but I'll make this exception.
    Must hear: All Of The Stars, Boom Clap, Best Shot
  • Phillip Phillips - Behind The Light
    Who knew this fella was kickin' something new at us? I didn't. iTunes says pop but I say a nice blend of folk and country and singer/songwriter vibes. I've only ever heard his singles before so I had no expectations which left me pleased.
    Must hear: Unpack Your Heart, Midnight Sun, Don't Trust Me
  • The Maine - Ugly On The Inside
    A freaking cool new song from the upcoming rerelease of Forever Halloween, that will include 5 new songs! I'm so happy to see that album live on because I needed a reason to listen to it for another summer straight. The song title is pretty dead on to what it's about..
  • Afrojack - Three Strikes
    iTunes free single. I imagine this would be a good song to pump you up before/during a workout/sport. 
  • The Vamps - Somebody To You (feat. Demi Lovato)
    This is everything I didn't even know I wanted. 1) My favourite song (probably) off of Meet The Vamps 2) Demi Lovato 3) The Vamps & Demi Lovato TOGETHER. I can't even speak about it because I am too excited. This one got it's first radio play last week and lemme just say I replayed that terrible quality rip more than once. I almost put exclamation marks beside the song title. Almost.
  • Sunrise Skater Kids - Pop Punk Pizza Party
    I'm just gonna leave this here.