Thursday 15 May 2014

This Week In Music: 15/05/14

If this whole "scheduling" thing goes as planned, good afternoon!


  • 5 Seconds Of Summer - Good Girls
    I have been mentioning this band so much lately but they're always doing stuff! This song is one that they've been performing live for ages, but the studio version is something else. The perfect blend of cheekiness and charm. You get this track when you preorder their UPCOMING DEBUT ALBUM ON ITUNES. Yeah, that got announced. Release dates are different everywhere so you'll have to check, but it'll be out everywhere by August!!!
  • The Black Keys - Turn Blue
    Everyone seems to be hyped about this release so I figured I'd mention it, too. It's nice. I don't hate it. Moving on.
  • Coldplay - Ghost Stories
    Because the album is available to stream on iTunes already I'm just gonna put my thoughts out now. And I love it. So much. Of course. A graceful little change from previous albums, but not so much that old fans won't enjoy.
    Must hear: Ink, True Love, Another's Arms
  • The Franklin Electric - Strongest Man Alive
    Free single of the week, a very chilled out bit that I really like. The simple guitar and heartfelt lyrics are always something that draw me in.
  • Jamie McDell - It's Time
    A very lovely song inspired by the book/movie The Fault In Our Stars. Check it out here.