Thursday 21 August 2014

This Week In Music: 21/08/14

A lot of comebacks this week, I'm overwhelmed

  • Taylor Swift - Shake It Off
    So she's made a full transition to pop and it comes with mixed reviews but I think it's great. Why whine when you could have been getting down to THIS SICK BEAT.
  • Yellowcard - One Bedroom
    This beat is unfamiliar in a Yellowcard song but everything else sounds about right. Side note: I really love the cover art.
  • American Hi-Fi - Golden State
    Their return to music, this is a single off the upcoming, "Blood & Lemonade" and it sounds like middle school (or however old I was when The Geeks Get The Girls came out). Maybe a little more grown up, a little grittier.
  • Troye Sivan - TRXYE
    The first single, Happy Little Pill, completely set the tone for this one. The rest of the EP is pop and electronic sounds with grungy lyrics and undertones. My favourite is Fun.
  • Luke Sital-Singh - Greatest Lovers
    iTunes free single is like Jake Bugg and Vance Joy, and it's about epic (a synonym for great) love.
  • Weezer - Back To The Shack
    I like it, I like that they poke fun at themselves and suggest they go back to their roots.
And since I now have Spotify, I've made a playlist of all the songs from this week's post that you can listen to here!!