Friday 1 August 2014

5 Seconds of Summer - 5 Seconds of Summer | Album Review

I'm sure everyone is still itching to find out how I feel about all of this.. right?

  1. She Looks So Perfect
    We know this one. We belt it out when it comes on the radio. We do.
  2. Don't Stop
    This one also had it's own EP so I won't go into it.
  3. Good Girls
    FREAKING BRILLIANT. I love this one.
  4. Kiss Me Kiss Me
    At first I didn't really dig it, but then I listened more to the lyrics and I really connect, so.
  5. 18
    I can't actually relate, but as most of the things outlined in the song require a Canadian resident to be 19.. I kind of can. And that thing Luke does at the end. Ha.
  6. Everything I Didn't Say
    This is a cool song about regretting holding back. Wanting to make grand gestures but chickening out.
  7. Beside You
    I like what they did to re-vamp this oldie. It sounds spacey and I appreciate the change.
  8. End Up Here
    I listen to this one SO MUCH. Michael made a comment about how excited they were when they came up with "she's telling me how she loves that song about living on a prayer, I'm pretty sure that we're halfway there" and I was just as gobsmacked. LYRICS.
  9. Long Way Home
    OK this one gets me. First time around I felt like I'd been waiting for this to exist for my entire life.
  10. Heartbreak Girl
    Not much change from the original (which I do really like) so meh.
  11. Lost BoyHead-banging and crying. That's this song.
  12. English Love Affair
    I can't even believe this one happened. It's great.
  13. Amnesia
    The only one they had no part in writing, but it's really good. Very unique way of looking at a breakup and it hits the heart.
  14. Social Casualty
    That guitar that could have been in a Sum 41 song. Yep.
  15. Never Be
    Sad but uplifting but soft.
  16. Voodoo Doll
    If you've been around for a period of time you've heard some live recording of this. Another cool song idea, 5SOS is pretty good with writing.
  17. Greenlight
    Hey, consent.
  18. Mrs All American
    Admiring an accent that isn't English? Apparently that is a thing. Michael owns this one.
  19. Tomorrow Never Dies
    Some intense Bond feel over here. I tend to skip this.
  20. Independence Day
    Like Miss Movin' On, but sung by some alt. teenage boys.
  21. Close As Strangers
    Another song about being too far away from loved ones.
  22. Out Of My Limit
    Old and unimproved. 
Okay, so there are a heck ton of different editions of this album and I have tried to outline which songs come with each but as far as I know, songs 1-10 are on every one. The rest of the songs depend on your country and if you buy the album online or not (11 & 12 UK/EU/AUS, 17 iTunes only, 18 NA, 19-22 Target only). Overall, I love it. I already knew half the songs before listening to the album for the first time as I've been coveting terrible quality live audio of them for months. I feel like a proud mama watching her kid ride a bike without training wheels for the first time, they are just going for it full on. No more EP crap (not that I don't appreciate getting new songs more often than not). Check it out!
AS THIS IS BEING POSTED I'LL BE IN TORONTO ABOUT TO SEE THIS BAND OPEN FOR ONE DIRECTION FOR THE FIRST OF 2 NIGHTS. BOOM.