Thursday 1 May 2014

This Week In Music: 01/05/14

Hello and welcome to a new month, one full of some of my most anticipated releases and concerts! Wehey!


  • Hollywood Ending - Anywhere EP
    This is probably my favourite Good Mood Band, and should be yours too. You can't help but sing along and get hyped up while listening to their upbeat, simple songs. And if you're in the vicinity of a few McBusted dates; they're playing at least one! I recommend Not Another Song About Love and Good Time Girl.
  • The Cab - Lock Me Up EP
    I did a whole review on this one, but I'll just repeat myself in saying WELCOME BACK and THANK YOU. My favourite track is Stand Up but of course the whole thing is worth listening to.
  • Astro Safari - Trapman
    Another bunch of songs to bump in your car (windows down optional) this summer. I for one know that some of the track names can be off-putting but once you listen to them you'll be dancing around in no time. Especially Girls Are Just Girls (feat. Alex Aiono), Double Lovin', and Fake Bitches. They're like a mixture of everything good about bands like Down With Webster, Wallpaper, and Emblem 3.
  • Meaghan Smith - Have A Heart
    iTunes single of the week, and I can actually say I've listened to it a bunch and love it. A bit of a change from everything else on the list, a calmed down version of pop but still danceable. It's cute like a Jamie Dee or Ingrid Michaelson song.
On iTunes you can now stream Hunter Hayes' upcoming album for free and with that I'll say: see you next week!